- Can I trust a document that has a digital signature?
Of course. In case there is any alteration in the document, the signature is no longer valid since the document has been modified and the signed hash does not match the current hash. On the other hand, if there is any indication that the user’s private key has been compromised (among other reasons), the digital certificate can be revoked and can no longer be used for signing.
- However, what kind of organizations uses a digital signature?
Due to the multiple benefits it brings and the level of security it offers, the digital signature has been adopted by numerous organizations in the public and private sectors, and in industries as diverse as financial, healthcare or legal. The laws of each country regulate its use.
Besides, many companies aspire to achieve the model of “paperless office“, which would allow them to save costs, have a better organization of documents and produce a lower environmental impact.
- So, how do I choose the perfect digital signature for my organization?
When deciding on one product or another, we recommend you chose the one that meets the following requirements:
- That it is legally binding and offers guarantees of compliance with laws and regulations such as eIDAS.
- That allows workflows to expedite the approval of documents by several signatories.
- That has the option of bulk signature, to automate the signature processes for hundreds of documents